Practice organizing your thoughts quickly by answering questions under time pressure with this exercise pioneered by Toastmasters.
In this exercise:
- You're given a random question to answer
- Answer the question within the time limit of 90 seconds
- Your response should express your thoughts clearly and succinctly
- Move on to the next question (4 questions in each practice session)
- Complete the exercise and listen back to the audio recording of your responses
This exercise has 100+ questions to practice with. Here are some examples:
- What present would you like for your next birthday?
- What was the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Suppose you were attending a costume party tonight. What would you wear?
- What is more important, the journey or the destination?
- Is there a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
- What would be your must-see on an African safari for your trip to be complete?
- Is climate change fact or fiction?
- Should children under 12 be allowed to own a mobile phone?
You can also skip any question during the exercise.
The table topics exercise can be accessed from your web browser, no installation or download is required. You can also access the scenarios from virtual reality, if you have a VR headset.
PC / Laptop
Unlock this practice exercise and more with the All Access program.
Deliver effective impromptu speeches through online classes and practice exercises.